Congratulations to our five Griffin Bay January graduates!
The district had a wonderful celebration for three of our graduates: Emily, Valeria and Talisen!
We also celebrate our remote graduates: Rowan and Tyra!
The Griffin Bay staff is proud of all your hard work and look forward to hearing stories of your future.
Please be aware that enrollment in Griffin Bay School is a commitment of at least one semester (Feb. 1, 2021 - June 18, 2021).
Welcome to Griffin Bay School!
Griffin Bay School provides an opportunity for public school alternative learning experiences on San Juan Island. We are open on a full-time basis to serve the needs of students in our community. Small group instruction is provided in safe and productive formats, along with online learning and remote learning programs.
Griffin Bay School provides:
A place for students needing extra support in core areas
Small class size
Here are some of the reasons that families choose Griffin Bay School for their children:
• Our experienced, Washington-licensed teachers give students the attention they need to succeed.
• The award-winning curriculum from our partner Odysseyware, Apex and Red Comet, rooted in decades of research, harnesses powerful learning tools such as video, audio, and integrated materials to engage and inspire students.
• An individualized written student learning plan places students in the appropriate courses, identifies strengths and areas for improvement, and creates a plan to chart their progress.
• Exceptional programs help struggling students not only catch up but excel.
• Smart and sensible ideas, including credit recovery courses, help students succeed. Griffin Bay School brings students, parents, and teachers together to form a powerful, collaborative team so that students thrive.
Griffin Bay School is San Juan Island School District's public alternative learning experience for students in grades K-12. Established in 2003, Griffin Bay School provides appropriate and flexible educational opportunities designed to meet individual needs and offers a high level of personalized academic, social, and emotional support for students. The curriculum is organized so that students can progress at their own rate, depending on their ability, interests, and preferences, through sequences of increasingly difficult courses.
Staff at Griffin Bay School listen to the students' views, experiences, concerns, life circumstances, and ideas. Our teachers ensure each student's needs are met by delivering personalized instruction and attention. At Griffin Bay School, students may come into the school for learning time or may have all of their learning needs met online in their own home environment.
If you experience difficulty with the accessibility of any web pages or documents on this website, please request this information in an alternate format. You may email the information requests directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 378-4133.