Friday Harbor High School’s Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) supports, engages, and advocates for our students, staff, and community. We are dedicated to creating a welcoming and accessible academic community through our programs, activities, and financial support.
What We Do
Your FHHS PTSA membership helps support:
- School Community-Building Activities and Advocacy
- Honor Roll & Good Citizenship Recognition Events
- Student Enrichment Programs
- Funding Requests for teachers and school organizations through the school year
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Events
Our fundraising activities include:
- Kings Receipt Collection for Rebate
- Bake Sales
Please contact us if you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions – we value your involvement.
King’s Market: Did you know that King’s Market will donate to our school’s PTSA? Our friends at King’s Market will donate 1% of accumulated community receipts to benefit our SJISD students. Anyone can participate by simply dropping off receipts from King’s Market and King’s Marine (FH Market Place is not included) at the FHHS school’s office. This donation benefits our school on a year-long basis, and we are extremely grateful for Kings Market’s generosity and commitment to our community.
How to Participate
Your membership and donations of time, money, and talents enable FHHS PTSA to extend program support to students, teachers, and staff.
Become a member: Join PTSA today by completing the membership form found here! Your annual donation helps fund programs through the year. You can elect to be a member as an individual, family and/or business.
No time to volunteer? No problem. You can simply purchase a PTSA membership and make your donation count.
Interested in volunteering? Get more involved with the PTSA, we meet the first Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the FHHS Teacher’s room and see how your talents can help our school community.
Especially for New Families to the High School or to our Friday Harbor community, should you have time to participate, this is a great way for you to get to know other families, teachers, the principal, local businesses and be more informed and involved in the amazing activities at FHHS.
Who We Are & How to Connect
- Deanna Eltinge, President
- Carlene Balcomb-Bartok, Vice President
- Heather Cain, Treasurer
- Laura Boyle, Secretary and Membership
- Andrea Hillman, Principal of Friday Harbor High School
- Jennifer Herda, Member-at-large
- Amanda VanDyck, Member-at-large
- Wendy Zappelli, Member-at-large
Learn about the various sponsored programs and events.
- Monthly Meeting: FHHS PTSA meetings are held the first Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the High School Teacher Room. All are welcome to attend!
- Email email@example.com.
- Mailbox at school office
- Washington State PTA
- September - Membership Drive Kick-Off (new members welcomed anytime) Fund Request Opportunities available for teachers and clubs all year
- October - Teen Halloween Party Funding Support (Island Rec)
- December - Staff Holiday Luncheon
- January - High School Play Bake Sale
- March - Celebration of Academic Excellence (Honor Roll local business discount cards)
- May - Teacher and Staff Appreciation
- June - Grad Night
Take advantage of discounts offered by Washington State PTA.