Wolverine Spring Playoff Update
Below is the updated information for our high school teams post season play.
- Baseball – Our Baseball team beat Coupeville 3-2 on Friday in a winner to state playoff game at La Conner. The boys will now play in the Regional State Tournament at Brewster High School this Saturday, May 21 at 1:00pm. Friday Harbor is a #10 seed and will play the #7 seed Kalama from district 4. The winner of this game will advance to play the winner of the #2 seed Brewster and #15 seed Warden. The boys need to win both games Saturday to move on to the final four portion of the state tournament in Ridgefield the next weekend. State tournament information can be found on the WIAA website https://wiaa.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=1237
- Girls Tennis – Weather and no home courts have been a disruptive force in this year’s girl’s tennis season. While the girls have made the best of a difficult situation, it has been frustrating to not be able to complete some of our matches. While it has not been easy, our top 2 singles and doubles teams will be traveling to Tumwater on Friday 5/20 to compete in the bi-district tournament with district 4. The winners of this tournament will advance to state in Yakima on 5/27-5/28. State tournament information can be found on the WIAA website https://wiaa.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=1237
- Boys and Girls Golf – Our boys and girls golf teams competed this past week at their district tournaments. Three boys qualified for the tri-District tournament being played this Thursday, May 19 at Loomis Trails Golf Course in Bellingham. Jack Mason, Jack Hess, and Ryan Rautenberg will be trying to earn their way to the state tournament the following week. On the girl’s side, Izzy Graham earned the final spot to the state tournament next week being played at Deer Park golf course in North Spokane. State tournament information can be found on the WIAA website https://wiaa.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=1237
- Boys and Girls Track – Our track teams will now head to the tri-District tournament on Friday, May 20 at WF West High School in Chehalis. Competition gets started at 3pm. Our athletes will be competing to move onto the state tournament the following week at Eastern Washington University. Only one athlete in each event will automatically advance. Additional entries may be earned if an athlete meets the state qualifying time or distance. State tournament information can be found on the WIAA website https://wiaa.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=1237
- Fastpitch – Our Girls Fastpitch team competed well, finishing second in league. Unfortunately for the girls, the Northwest 2b/1b league only carries one allocation to the state playoffs this year. Our girls fell just short…