Completing the FAFSA / WASFA


    Which One Do I Fill Out?

     All students should apply for financial aid. Not sure which application to fill out (either the FAFSA or WASFA)?

    FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a free application for federal financial aid for students who are a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or an eligible non-citizen.

    WASFA: The Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) is a free application for state financial aid for students who are not eligible for federal aid (through the FAFSA) because of immigration status, including undocumented students.  


    For Parents Without A Social Security Number

    If a parent does not have a social security number, but the student is eligible to complete the FAFSA, making the parent account will be a little different. 

    Check out these instructions on how to make an FSA ID (FAFSA account) as a parent without a SSN: FSA ID Creation Process for Contributors Without an SSN



    Contact Hailey if you have other questions or need help.