New Student RegistrationWelcome! We are so excited to welcome your child to our schools! To register your child for school:
- Please complete our online registration process to create an account for your family in Skyward Family Access and begin to register your child(ren). Please be sure to enter your legal name, an active email address, and a phone number. If your family already has at least one child in our school district, you cannot use a previously used email address when you are completing the online registration process.
- You can access the new student enrollment paper form online if you prefer. Additionally, we can provide paper enrollment forms upon request; please phone (360) 378-4133.
Required Documents - Students who have not previously enrolled in San Juan Island School District will be asked to provide the following once the online registration process above has been completed:
- Birth Certificate or other verification of age - acceptable proof includes your child’s birth certificate or other official verification of age such as a passport, visa or DSHS Medicaid Voucher.
- Proof of residency (your address) - acceptable proof includes government-issued documents, lease or rental agreement, utility bills.
- Immunization records - May be completed by hand using the Certificate of Immunization Status form / Certificado de Estado de Vacunación form, printed from the WA Immunization Information System (ILS) or printed by signing up with MyIR. If you would like to claim an exemption for a required immunization, please use the Certificate of Exemption form / Certificado de Exención form.
Not a resident?
If you do not live in the San Juan Island School District but wish to enroll your student, please read Policy 3141. Under state law, you must request enrollment via the "Choice" process for non-residents. More information can be found by clicking here.