- External Applicants: Create a profile or if you already have a TalentEd profile anywhere else in the world, you can transfer it into the SJISD portal.
- Internal Staff Applicants: Click on "Internal" in the upper right corner of the TalentEd homepage to create your internal profile. This will streamline the application process for any position you might apply for in the future.
Ongoing Available Substitute Positions
San Juan Island School District is Hiring Substitutes for all roles below:
- Substitute Certificated Teachers: $157.25 / day (over 3.75 hrs to 7.5 hrs); $78.62 / half-day (up to 3.75 hrs). After 60 cumulative days in a school year, rate increases to $174.15 and $87.05. After 20 consecutive days in the same assignment, substitute teacher is placed on contract per the Certificated Salary Schedule.
- Substitute Para-educators: $21.31 / hour
- Substitute Custodians: $22.00 / hour
- Substitute Bus Drivers: $23.55 / hour
- Substitute Kitchen Staff: $17.90 / hour
Our District commitment to non-discrimination: San Juan Island School District does not discriminate in any programs, activities or employment opportunities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator, Cynthia McVeigh firstname.lastname@example.org, Title IX Officer, Fred Woods, Superintendent, email@example.com and Section 504 Coordinator: Becky Bell, (360) 378-4133, firstname.lastname@example.org, PO Box 458, Friday Harbor, WA 98250.